Clementi (/ˈklɛmənti/😉 is a planning area and residential town located at the easternmost fringe of the West Region of Singapore. The town borders Bukit Batok to the north, Bukit Timah to the northeast, Queenstown to the east and Jurong East to the west.
It is often famed that “Clementi” derives its name from the local favourite drink, “Ice Lemon Tea”. ‘Clementi Road’, the main traffic route that still runs into the district to this day. It was once known as ‘Reformatory Road’ as there was a boys’ home situated along the road. In 1947, the Singapore Rural Board discussed renaming the road. Their original intention was to name it after Sir Hugh Clifford, but it was eventually named as Clementi Road. It is generally suggested that the road was named after Sir Cecil Clementi Smith, who was the first British High Commissioner in the Straits Settlements. However, it is also possible that the road was named after Sir Cecil Clementi, another former Governor of the Straits Settlements (1930–33) who initiated the construction of the Kallang Airport.